May 7th, 2019 Polly Ann Trail Officially becomes a Pure Michigan Trail Destination!
What does it mean to be part of Pure Michigan? The Department of Natural Resources In partnership with Pure Michigan®, highlight some of the state's best trails, water trails and trail towns through the Pure Michigan® Trail and Trail Town Designation Program. This program is designed to acknowledge Michigan's position as the nation's Trails State.
With a wide variety of trails developed and maintained through an extensive collaboration between state and local governments, non-profits, foundations and volunteers, Michigan offers exceptional scenic beauty and outdoor recreation opportunities that offer something for every traveler.
The trails designated as a Pure Michigan Trail represent the Best in the State!
What happens next now that the Polly Ann Trail is a Pure Michigan Trail?
- A DNR press release announcing the designation during Michigan Trails Week
- Pure Michigan® incorporates the trail into its maps and marketing material
- Signage with branding is placed in appropriate locations by the designee
- Encourages people to visit Oakland County Michigan - and enjoy our unique and beautiful Polly Ann Trail!
Handbook and Criteria to be a PURE Michigan Trail
Click Here to Download
- A quality trail experience
- Clear information for users
- Broad community support
- A sustainable business, maintenance and marketing plan