Home FAQs, Forms & Docs

Frequently Asked Questions & Forms


Can I hold an event on the trail, such as a 5k Run for charity?
Yes! Click here for Event Application Procedure & Forms. You MUST allow adequete time for processing of your event application.

Where can I find a map of the Oakland County Polly Ann Trail?
You can download a map or you can find map brochures at local trail-related businesses and government offices. 

Can you give me information on the Lapeer County Polly Ann Trail?
Sorry, but we do not have current information and status of the Lapeer PAT. The Lapeer County section (north of Bordman Rd.) is owned by the DNR and managed by Lapeer County Parks. Events are managed by the Friends of the Lapeer County Polly Ann Trail, a small group of volunteers. The trail is maintained as funding is available. The Lapeer PAT is very rustic in most areas and suitable for hikers, equestrians or rough mountain biking. It is paved through the residential area of Imlay City. Phone calls and emails about the Lapeer Polly Ann Trail consume much of our 15-hour per week, part-time office. We will try our best to answer questions about all area trails. We appreciate your patience.

Are horses allowed on the trail?
YES!  The Polly Ann Trail is one of the few public parks that welcome equestrian use. Horses are allowed on the entire trail, but the section west of the trail bridge over Washington (Lapeer Rd./M-24) is ideal. There is a separate side path for users north of Leonard. The trailhead and restroom area in Leonard has a large parking lot with plenty of room for horse trailers and vehicles. Please clean up after your horse as a courtesy to other users.

How do I connect to the Paint Creek Trail? Are there any plans for a permanent connection?
Please see our 'maps' page for information. For many years Oakland County Planning and associated departments have worked with trail groups, municilalities and the public to investigate various connections. Most plans are cost-prohibitive and limited by terrain, right-of-way problems and other issues. Please see our most recent trail map indicating a temporary connection to the Paint Creek Trail.in Orion Township.

Why is there a gap in the trail in Orion Township?
The section of the old railroad right-of-way between Indianwood Rd. and Heights Rd. is private property. It was not available for use when the section of right-of-way was donated. There is a safety path along Josyln Rd. that will reconnect you to the trail.

Is camping allowed or overnight accommedations nearby?
No camping is allowed on or adjacent to the trail. Sorry, there are no hotels, motels or B&Bs in the immediate area. The closest public camping is available at Addison Oaks Country Park.  The park has camping, cabins and RV hook-ups.

How do I get to the Polly Ann Trail and where do I park?
Directions to the Polly Ann Trail are available on our trail map. Public parking is available at the Orion Township Municipal offices at 2525 Joslyn Rd., in Downtown Oxford and at the Leonard/Blank Trailhead. Other options are listed on the map.

What if I have a problem on the Polly Ann Trail?
For non-emergencies contact the Trail Manager at 248-981-1242 or  This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . Note we maintain a part-time office with very limited hours  For emergencies, or if you see abuse of the trail (vandalism, vehicles on the trail, etc.), call 911.

Do you allow Geocatching on the trail?
Yes! We just ask that you fill out the Geocatching Form.

How do I support the Polly Ann Trail?
There are many ways to support the Polly Ann Trail!


Owned by the

Michigan Department
of Natural Resources 
 managed locally by

Polly Ann Trail
Management Council





Email Us!

eco green email icon


Like Us!

eco green facebook icon