The Polly Ann Trailway Management Council (PATMC) welcomes the sponsorship of picnic tables to be placed along the trail. Such sponsorships are subject to the following policy adopted May 2017.
In response to requests from the public to help support the Polly Ann Trail, meet the needs for certain capital improvements/enhancements to the trail experience and to enable donations to be made in a manner consistent with the planning of the Polly Ann Trailway Management Council (PATMC), the following policy has been adopted.
- The Polly Ann Trailway Management Council has predetermined the design of sponsored picnic tables. The PATMC utilizes the “Model Art” style of picnic table. Cedar colored top/seat planks with black supports made with recycled materials.
- Sponsorship markers will be attached to/next to each picnic table listing donors name, website and/or phone number and address as space is available. Text is subject to the approval of the Polly Ann Trailway Management Council or their designee. Sponsorship markers are included in the cost of the picnic table.
- The PATMC desires placement of picnic tables at parking lots and scenic park locations along the trail.
- The donated picnic table shall be maintained in cooperation with the local municipalities in or near their original location for the life of each picnic table. The PATMC does reserve the right to relocate if necessary. We will attempt to notify the donor in the event that the picnic table is to be relocated, replaced or removed.
- Payment is due to the PATMC prior to ordering. The picnic table will be ordered by the PATMC or its agent through an approved PATMC vendor.
- Once purchased and installed, it becomes the property of the PATMC and is for the use and enjoyment of the general public. The PATMC cannot guarantee beyond reasonable means against loss, theft or other mechanism of damage or that the picnic table will be replaced by the PATMC should such an event occur.
- The donor has no obligation or right to maintain or tamper with the picnic table or the surrounding area.
- The PATMC reserves the right to deny any picnic table donation, any picnic table location, or any designs which does not comply with Article 1 of this policy.
- The price of the picnic table donation includes:
- Sponsorship marker
- Assembly and installation
- Any member community of the Management Council that assembles and installs a donated picnic table shall be reimbursed the approved fee by the PATMC, to offset their labor and installation costs.
- The PATMC cannot guarantee that any picnic table will be installed by a specific date as we are dependent upon our suppliers and the availability of the trail maintenance staff. Additionally, picnic tables cannot be installed in the winter when the ground is frozen.
- After installation, donors will be recognized with a letter of appreciation at a Polly Ann Trailway Management Council meeting. Donor will also receive a thank you letter that serves as a receipt for tax purposes.
- A list of donated picnic tables and donors with their locations will be kept and available to the public in the PATMC office.
Thank you for your patronage.
Polly Ann Trailway Management Council